Ready to Quit?
Good news! You have options! There are several quitlines out there, so you can find the one that works best for you. We primarily promote My Life, My Quit, and This is Quitting. Keep scrolling to learn more about these free and confidential programs.
My Life, My Quit
A program designed specifically for Montanans under 18 looking to quit any form of tobacco (cigarettes, vaping devices, cigars/cigarillos, and smokeless tobacco). 
The program, at: https://mt.mylifemyquit.org/ provides youth access to tailored resources for quitting. This Montana program is presented by National Jewish Health (www.nationaljewishhealth.org).
Some of its features include:
- Youth coaches who receive special training on the best ways to build relationships with youth.
- Five coaching sessions by phone, live texting or chat with a coach who will listen and help teens navigate social situations, while finding healthy ways to cope with stress.
- Text or call a dedicated toll-free number (1-855-891-9989) for real-time coaching.
- Additional text messages for support to quit vaping, smoking, or chewing tobacco.
- Simplified program registration and enrollment process to get to coaching faster.
- Website (mylifemyquit.com) with online enrollment, chat with a live coach, information about vaping and Tobacco, and activities to support quitting.
- Promotional and educational materials designed for youth, with messages from youth who’ve been quitting tobacco and vaping.
- How to ask for support.
- A water-marked certificate of completion of the program.
- My Life, My Quit specially trained coaches listen to, and understand teens, provide personalized support, and build relationships that promote quitting tobacco.
- Coaches emphasize that the decision to stop is personal, and provide information to help cope with stress, navigate social situations, and support developing a tobacco-free identity.
Start Your Quit Today
- Text “start” to 36072,
- Visit mylifemyquit.com or Call 1-855-891-9989
This is Quitting.
- The first-of-its-kind text messaging program incorporates messages from other young people like them who have attempted to or successfully quit e-cigarettes.
- Their messages show the real side of quitting, both the good and bad, to help youth and young people feel motivated, inspired, and supported throughout their quitting process.
- TRUTH also sends youth and young people evidence-based tips on product usage to give teens and young adults appropriate recommendations about quitting.
- Those who are not ready to quit receive at least four weeks of messages focused on building skills and confidence.
- Users with a quit date receive one week of messages prior to that date and at least eight weeks of messages after their quit date.
- Users can text COPE, STRESS, SLIP, or MORE throughout the program to receive instant support.
- Upon completion of the program, users receive periodic text messages from truth® and may continue to use supportive keywords for as long as they like.
- “Run it Back” relapse library includes theory-based support messaging for two weeks prior to and two months after a repeat quit effort in the program.
What youth and young people say…,
Here’s what some youth and young people have said about This is Quitting:
- “They are cool; they make me feel as if I’m not alone in this journey.” – Anonymous, teen
- “They make it seem like there is a way out of addiction.” – Chase, teen
- “It expresses the emotions of quitting from other people.” – domlussier, teen
- “They’re the one thing rooting for me to quit.” – EG, teen
- “They’re not super in your face. They serve as a quick “hey don’t do the thing you’re thinking about right now.” – Cole, teen
- “They encourage me not to JUUL, they offer alternatives when I get a craving. I started going to the gym and working out instead of JUULing.” – Scarlett, young adult
- “They remind me there’s no room to turn back to something harmful.” – Meredith, young adult
Start Your Quit Today