ReACT 2024 Take Down Tobacco Day Sticker Competition
Congratulations to the 2024 winners of ReACT’s Third Annual Take Down Tobacco Day Sticker Competition!
- First Place: Faye Machler
- Second Place: Adelyn Wagner
- Third Place: Oliver Dill
Visit our online store for your Take Down Tobacco Day Sticker beginning Monday, March 4th, 2024 @ https://mtupp.allegrahelena.com/.
ReACT 2024 Summit
Hereye Hereye. In the year of our Lord 2024, knights of the reACT realm gather at the fortified grounds of Carroll College, home of the Trinity Castle, to joust Big Tobacco out of Montana. Come one, come all to the medieval games of the ReACT 2024 summit, including jousting, tug-of-war, a fashion show, swordsmanship, and the long-awaited return of the reACT ball. Hark! Enlist thy presence for the upcoming medieval games by May 10, 2024; visit www.mtreact.com today. We’ll see you at the castle grounds on June 12, 2024, to joust Big Tobacco out of Montana.
Thy presence online registration will open on Friday, March 1st, 2024.
Click here to register thy presence for the ReACT 2024 Summit!
ReACTor Spotlight Campaign
ReACT is calling all Montana teens to join the new video series reACTor Spotlights featuring Montana teen voices for a tobacco-free generation. These videos will be released monthly and featured on the reACT website, Instagram, and Facebook accounts. If you have teens in your community who may be interested, please share this information with them. There is no deadline for submitting videos; this is an ongoing project. Click here to view the details.
Here’s the Problem
For generations, Big Tobacco has targeted our peers, attracting us with colorful graphics, age-driven marketing, pop culture presence, trending pastimes on social media, and the creation of over 15,500 flavors ranging from sweet to minty fresh worldwide. Today, only 9.4% of our peers in Montana vape daily; let’s continue trending down in nicotine use in 2024!
IT’S TIME TO ReACT
ReACT is a teen-led movement rejecting the culture of commercial tobacco use and upholding the sacredness of traditional tobacco through education, advocacy, and action.
- ReACTors educate at the community, county, and state levels. On topics such as but not limited to:
- Known harms of tobacco use
- E-cigarette flavors
- Marketing tactics of Big Tobacco
- Increase awareness of cessation programs such as My Life, My Quit, and This is Quitting
- ReACTors support legislation designed to protect Montana teens from the harmful products of Big Tobacco, such as:
- Expansion of the local Clean Indoor Air Act (CIAA) to include e-cigarettes and or smoking distance provisions
- Adoption of Tobacco-free School of Excellence policies for k-12
- Adoption of Tobacco-free Campus policies at Montana institutions of higher education
- Adoption of legislative policies designed to protect Montana youth from tobacco products
- ReACTors take action to achieve the main objective of reACT to become the first-ever tobacco-free generation in the following ways:
- Register to participate in reACT as one of the following
- Independent reACTor
- Youth Prevention Program
- ReACT Coalition
- Sign the tobacco-free online pledge
- Participate in a day of action events
- Participate in state summer summit
- Inform decision-makers on the known harms of tobacco use
We stand up. Speak out. And reACT to the lies and manipulation from Big Tobacco and the Vaping Industry. They target us, so we target them.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
- Individual ReACTor: Individual students participating in reACT activities and events independently with the support of an adult advisor
- Youth Prevention Programs: A student group who would like to work on tobacco are welcome to participate in reACT activities, events, and objectives with the support of their adult advisor
- ReACT Coalitions: Minimum of four students participating in reACT activities and events as a group with the support of an adult advisor
The 2023-24 ReACT Guide is available now; click the link below to view it today!
ReACT Guide 2023-2024