Instagram Live: Take Down Tobacco Sticker Competition
Join ReACT’s Instagram Live tomorrow at 3:00 PM MST to learn more about the 2023 Take Down Tobacco Day Sticker Competition.! Direct message the reACT page with any questions or comments.
Take Down Tobacco Day 2023: Sticker Competition
Take Down Tobacco Day 2023 will be here before we know it. And in 2023, reACT is celebrating with a design competition! So we are going from 2022 t-shirts to 2023 stickers that expose the truth about Big Tobacco & the Vaping Industry.
We look forward to sticking it to Big Tobacco with the best sticker this year! All Montana youth 13-18 years old are encouraged to submit a single entry; the winning entry will receive a $50 Amazon gift card, bragging rights for the next year, and a spotlight feature on all reACT social media handles! Start designing your entry this winter!
ReACTor Spotlight Campaign
ReACT is calling all Montana teens to join the new video series reACTor Spotlights featuring Montana teen voices for a tobacco-free generation. These videos will be released monthly and featured on the reACT website, Instagram, and Facebook accounts. If you have teens in your community who may be interested, please share this information with them. There is no deadline for submitting videos; this is an ongoing project. Click here to view the details.
Here’s the Problem
For generations, Big Tobacco has targeted our peers, attracting us with colorful graphics, age-driven marketing, pop culture presence, trending pastimes on social media, and the creation of over 15,500 flavors ranging from sweet to minty fresh worldwide. Today, only 7% of our peers in Montana vape daily; let’s continue trending down in nicotine use in 2022!
IT’S TIME TO ReACT
ReACT is a teen-led movement rejecting the culture of commercial tobacco use and upholding the sacredness of traditional tobacco through education, advocacy, and action.
Montana’s teen-led movement is taking action to become the first-ever tobacco-free generation through education, advocacy, and action.
- ReACTors provide current and relevant information on a subject. Such as:
- Known harms of tobacco use
- Flavor Education
- Marketing tactics of Big Tobacco
- Point of Sale
- Increase awareness of My Life, My Quit & This is Quitting by TRUTH.
- Increase awareness & support of legislative policies designed to protect youth from tobacco imitation
- ReACTors support legislation designed to protect Montana teens from the harmful products of Big Tobacco. Such as:
- Increase awareness & support of legislative policies designed to protect Montana youth
- Expand local CIAA to include e-cigarettes and smoking distance rule
- Increase awareness & support of My Life, My Quit, & This is Quitting from TRUTH
- For tobacco-free school campus policies for all K-12 schools in Montana
- ReACTors take action to achieve the main objective of reACT to become the first-ever tobacco-free generation in Montana. Such as:
- Promote the reACT objectives
- Take the tobacco-free pledge
- Participate in a day of action events
- Participate in state-wide summits
- Inform decision-makers on the harms of tobacco use
We stand up. Speak out. And reACT to the lies and manipulation from Big Tobacco and the Vaping Industry. They target us, so we target them.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
- Individual ReACTor: One student participating in reACT activities and events as an individual with the support of an adult advisor.
- ReACT Coalitions: Minimum of two students participating in reACT activities and events as a group with the support of an adult advisor.
- Youth Prevention Programs: Other youth programs working on health prevention with interest in tobacco can participate in reACT activities and events as a group working on tobacco prevention initiatives within their program.
For more information, check out the ReACT Coalition Guide.