Want to get plugged in? Here’s how:
National Youth Collaboration Session
Red Ribbon Week
Is a national, week-long event every October that focuses on the choice to be free of all drugs—including nicotine, the highly addictive drug in cigarettes and vapes. This year Red Ribbon Week’s theme is “Drug-free Looks Good On Me.”
To get involved you can do the following:
• Enter Your Photos in the Photo Contest
• Enter the Annual “Theme” Contest
• Take the Drug-Free Pledge
Get the details about Red Ribbon Week.
Through With Chew Week
It’s a national week-long event every February to raise awareness about the dangers of smokeless tobacco—including chew and snuff—and encourage people to quit.
Take Down Tobacco Day
This year we celebrate Take Down Tobacco Day on Friday, April 1, 2022. Youth, youth leaders, allies, and advocates are joining together virtually to host events that promote the following ideas with the goal of becoming the first-ever tobacco-free generation.
- Raising awareness about the harms of tobacco products across our communities nationwide.
- Make a personal commitment to reject the lies and manipulation of Big Tobacco and the Vaping Industry. You can make your commitment today, by signing our tobacco-free pledge and posting it to your social media accounts.
- Educate local, county, and state elected representatives to support legislation that protects youth from the harmful marketing of tobacco products.
ReACT is hosting a Take Down Tobacco Day Instagram competition this year. Teens from the state may submit an Instagram post that promotes the mission of creating the first-ever tobacco-free generation incorporating the Take Down Tobacco Day logo.
Five winners will be selected and their posts will be posted to the ReACT Instagram account throughout the first week of April, to celebrate Take Down Tobacco Day 2022!
Winners will receive a reACT goodie box!
This is a day of activism where communities across the globe rally to push for the first tobacco-free generation. Youth tobacco rates are at a 20-year high in the U.S. due to the worsening youth e-cigarette epidemic. Tobacco is the No. 1 cause of death in the U.S. and across the globe. Find out more at takedowntobacco.org.
You can do this any time. Just take over a sidewalk that gets a lot of foot traffic. Use sidewalk chalk to write big, bold, brightly-colored facts, stats or quotes about smoking or vaping. You’ll draw attention and help expose the truth.