2023 Mini-Grant Winners!
Check out the videos below to learn more about the recipients’ projects.
What is a Mini-Grant?
ReACT mini-grants are funds offered to Montana students 13-18 years old to promote tobacco advocacy, education, and prevention at the community level.
Currently, reACT offers three topic choices for applicants to select from:
- Tobacco Product Prevention Campaigns
- Option 1: Cessation (Quitting) Promotion
- Option 2: Difference between Commercial & Sacred Tobacco in the American Indian Community
- Option 3: Community awareness of Point-of-Sale Marketing of tobacco and nicotine products
- Option 4: Work toward the Inclusion of E-cigarettes in the Clean Indoor Air Act (CIAA)
- Days of Action Community Involvement
- Tobacco-Free Community Events
Youth provide leadership and collaborate with an adult advisor in their local areas. Applicants may request up to $4,000. The grants are competitive, so make yours awesome! Completed applications are reviewed by the Mini-Grant Committee consisting of the ReACT Youth Engagement Specialist, an American Indian Education Specialist, an urban Tobacco Education Specialist, and a rural Tobacco Education Specialist.
The Mini-Grant Committee will gather in October to review applications and select grantees. Successful applicants may receive full or partial funding for their projects. Keep this in mind while formulating your project budget, requesting only the amount necessary to complete your project successfully. Applicants will receive a certified letter with their results by Thursday, October 20, 2022. Successful recipients will receive their funds by Monday, October 31, 2022.
How to Apply
To submit a mini-grant application, follow the steps below:
- Identify a youth project leader
- Identify an adult project advisor
- Select a topic choice
- Identify project goal
- Identify project format
- Formulate a project budget
- Complete the online application
- Apply to mtreact.com by Monday, October 3, 2022
FY2023 Mini-Grant Cycle
- Friday, July 15, 2022 – Application Opens
- Monday, October 3, 2022 – Application Closes
- Monday, October 17, 2022 – Mini-Grant Committee Meets
- Thursday, October 20, 2022 – Award Letters Sent
- Monday, October 31, 2022 – Funds Granted
- June 30, 2023 – Performance Period Ends
- Friday, July 14, 2023 – Final Reports Due
Mini-Grant Project Examples
- Tobacco-free Garbage Can Decal Campaign
- The Reality of Vaping: Instagram Post Competition
- Vaping 101: Escape Room
- World No Tobacco Day Fun Run
Check out the Mini-Grant 2023 Guide to learn more about these project topics and example projects.
- Youth Project Leader
- Adult Project Advisor
- Youth in Grades 7-12
- Applicants may be in a formal club within their school, church, community organization, or an informal group of youth who are concerned with the devastation caused by commercial tobacco.
- Grant recipients must declare that they are not affiliated with, nor do they receive funding or materials from the Tobacco or Vaping Industry.
- Complete Online Application Submission
- Complete one W9 Form for the sponsoring organization
- Perform the activity by June 30, 2023
- Submit an online report at mtreact.com by July 14, 2023
Grab your friends and start planning your project today!
For questions or further assistance with the application, please contact the ReACT Youth Engagement Specialist by email at [email protected].