What is a Mini-Grant?
ReACT mini-grants are funds offered to Montana students 12-18 years old to promote tobacco advocacy, education, and prevention at the community level.
Currently, reACT offers three topic choices for applicants to select from:
- Tobacco Product Prevention Campaigns
- Option 1: Cessation (Quitting) Promotion
- Option 2: Difference between Commercial & Sacred Tobacco in the American Indian Community
- Option 3: Community awareness of Point-of-Sale Marketing of tobacco and nicotine products
- Option 4: Work toward the Inclusion of E-cigarettes in the Clean Indoor Air Act (CIAA)
- Days of Action Community Involvement
- Tobacco-Free Community Events
Youth provide leadership and collaborate with an adult advisor in their local areas. Applicants may request up to $4,000. The grants are competitive, so make yours awesome!
2023-24 Mini-Grant Cycle
- July 17th, 2023 – Application Opens
- October 2nd, 2023 – Application Closes
- October 18th, 2023 – Recipient Announcements
- November 1st, 2023 – Project Introduction Videos Due
- November 15th, 2023 – Distribution of Funds
- June 27th, 2024 –Final Reports Due
- June 28th, 2024– Grant Cycle Ends
How to Apply
To submit a mini-grant application, follow the steps below:
- Youth Project Lead
- Adult Advisor
- Grant applicants must be in grades 6th -12th
- Grant recipients must declare that they are not affiliated with or receive funding or materials from the Tobacco or Vaping Industry
- Grant recipients must submit an electronic Final Report by June 28th, 2024
Mini-Grant Project Examples
- Tobacco-free Garbage Can Decal Campaign
- The Reality of Vaping: Instagram Post Competition
- Vaping 101: Escape Room
- World No Tobacco Day Fun Run
Grab your friends and start planning your project today!
For questions or further assistance with the application, please email the ReACT Youth Engagement Specialist at [email protected].
Final Congratulations to our 2022-23 Mini-Grant Winners!
Check out the videos below to learn more about the recipients’ projects.